Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
The company is working on the development of a financial service app that empowers people to make the most of their money while leading the way for socially conscious behavior. The application is built around multiple themes and offers various financially related services.
Today there are endless opportunities to save money, but it's easy to miss out on them. This Vilnius-based team believes technology can help us spend less and save more. Their smart app helps find personalized saving opportunities and put more money into savings.
If you think that one programming language is not enough, feel like the best technology is the one that fits the purpose, have a self-starter attitude and tech-driven curiosity, know that a good opinion must be shared, this opportunity is for you.
The company is on the lookout for a Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience to design and develop highly decoupled microservices systems that can handle the complicated business flow and interact with various 3rd party systems at scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build from the ground up with an obsession towards making these experiences memorable for the customers.
As a Backend Developer, you will:
- Design, implement and test software services (Java/Kotlin or Go)
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of software services
- Analyze software performance and perform system tuning
- Fix bugs and write monitoring and detection tools to prevent a recurrence
- Work in "microservice mesh" application development and Agile environment
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Continuously learn and research to identify shortcomings and opportunities for software services improvements
- Have fun with your team
What will help you succeed:
Being an expert in:
- One or more of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go
- Data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, secure coding best practices, and remediation
- Designing, building, and maintaining large-scale, high-performance systems and frameworks
- Object-oriented concepts and systems design patterns
- Analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Modern server scaling technologies on Linux (e.g., async, non-blocking I/O, multithreading)
Being experienced in:
- Architecture and design of cloud-scale distributed systems
- IP networking, network analysis, performance, and application issues
- Event-driven architecture and technologies
- Message Brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ) and Event-Streaming (e.g. Kafka) solutions
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) or distributed NoSQL database systems (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Memcached)
- Automated CI/CD solutions
- High availability and business continuity principles
- Cloud technologies (preferably GCP)
- Containerization and container orchestration technologies (preferably K8s)
- Python, Shell, or Perl
A relocation package is discussed individually. By informing your future employer about your specific moving needs, you can help them identify what set of relocation benefits will make your transition smoother.
Please note the company is offering relocation only within the EU due to the current pandemic situation.
Besides a competitive remuneration package, there's room for professional development and growth. The company offers a flexible and open working environment.
Because you will work in a small team that is closely aligned to the business, you'll get a lot of responsibility and opportunities and you will play an important role in growing the company. You'll be able to do many different things from the start and be creative in how you want to do your work. Within limits, you will also be able to choose how, when, and where you work your hours.