Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
The company is working on the development of a financial service app that empowers people to make the most of their money while leading the way for socially conscious behavior. The application is built around multiple themes and offers various financially related services.
Today there are endless opportunities to save money, but it's easy to miss out on them. This Vilnius-based team believes technology can help us spend less and save more. Their smart app helps find personalized saving opportunities and put more money into savings.
In your role as product owner, your main aims are to understand and co-create a 'product' vision with a product lead and translate this vision into a prioritized backlog for your team. In addition, you will prioritize and bring structure to achieve the set goals together with your team. The company is looking for a product owner who has a good understanding of back-end applications.
- Align with the product lead and UX designer(s) on the product vision.
- Align on the business requirements and - together with the business architect - create technical proposals on how to facilitate these needs.
- Translate these business requirements into epics and user stories that are focused on the setup of a logical and future-proof structure of technical components. You can align with both a business and technical architect to find the best solutions.
- Assess the value, manage dependencies and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on items with maximum value and is aligned with the business needs.
- Take ownership for running/maintaining the environment once you developed the solution.
- Prioritize, realize and report effectively on results, deviations, and solutions to stakeholders.
- Continuously communicate with stakeholders about the status of the work, the risks, and the decisions made or needed in order to progress.
What will help you succeed:
- Academic background (Bachelor's and/or Master's)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- A track record of proven success in past positions
- Experience creating back-end services
- Experience with a start-up and/or scale-up is a preference
- Experience in the financial markets industry is a preference
- Experience with project management tooling such as JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Never-ending desire to develop your skills and knowledge
- You're customer-oriented and passionate about crafting a positive user experience
- Great listener with the ability to go in depth into underlying problem in order to find the compelling value for the stakeholders
- Flexible problem-solver, with strong resilience and ability to bring clarity to complex situations
- Humble leader with great communication skills to bridge the information flow between business and IT
- Passionate about different initiatives, energized by forming and driving great ideas to market
- You create and foster a work environment where individuals with different ideas, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities feel valued, utilized, and welcomed
- You build strong relationships within the organization and a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles
- Embracing change
- Great at building and giving trust
- Self-motivated, ambitious
- A strong communicator who understands the power of active listening/empathy and knows when to shut up
It would be great if you also have a background in FinTech/Financial/Tech and affinity with sports and/or charities.
A relocation package is discussed individually. By informing your future employer about your specific moving needs, you can help them identify what set of relocation benefits will make your transition smoother.
Please note the company is offering relocation only within the EU due to the current pandemic situation.
Besides a competitive remuneration package, there's room for professional development and growth. The company offers a flexible and open working environment.
Because you will work in a small team that is closely aligned to the business, you'll get a lot of responsibility and opportunities and you will play an important role in growing the company. You'll be able to do many different things from the start and be creative in how you want to do your work. Within limits, you will also be able to choose how, when, and where you work your hours.