Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Meet a new TV on Demand service, founded in 2015, which does things differently. You will join a multinational team, work with leaders in their field and be able to use a multi-disciplinary approach to getting the right decision. If you are already in the Czech Republic or you are an EU citizen, you have all chances to take this job. In each new market, the company breaks into, it faces and solves difficult problems which nobody else has cracked yet, by adapting its proposal to the needs of each new market. The company is patronized by the global media and Internet group of South Africa. This group has technology investments and operations in more than 130 markets.
You will join a 2-year-old start-up with users in 36 African countries. And now it expands in Eastern Europe. The company is using the latest technologies and tools. You will have the capability to grasp the whole codebase. The back-end services are written in Ruby, Go or Python. Also, you will use EventMachine, MRI and JRuby. At the position of a Ruby Developer you will:
- Implement new functionality for platform's back-end services;
- Integration with third-party APIs, like new payment providers;
- Test new functionalities and conduct code reviews;
- Deploy and ensure optimal performance of your code;
- Work with company's internal tools.
- Being responsible for your work and its impact on the final product;
- Extensive knowledge of Go/ C/C++, Java, SmallTalk or other programming languages;
- Although we use Ruby, knowledge of this language is desirable but not obligatory. We are ready to teach;
- OOAD skills;
- Prior experience with web services development;
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Get your job with relocation in one of the most developed and modern countries in Europe. High living standards and high level of income make Czech Republic attractive place to live and work for a Backend Developer. The open culture company offers you:
- Ergonomic workplace, equipment of your choice, paid workshops and conferences, books, knowledge sharing;
- Flexible work schedule and home office - 2 days a week;
- Meal vouchers, 5 weeks of vacation;
- Bus station right by the office;
- Free parking inside the office building;
- Over 10 various restaurants near the office.