Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food-delivery industry since 2011.
More than 1000 team members work here, do their best and share their experience. First-rate investors are also the part of this start-up; they have already raised $1 billion to support this idea. This company is named World’s biggest network in this industry. The platform offers lots of choices with minimum efforts: online order and payment, any food desire can be met.
The company is on the lookout for an Engineering Manager (Mobile) to join the team working on building the products that serve its restaurants distributed in over 40 countries. The company process more than one million orders daily, a large portion of which goes through its Android application. This Mobile Engineering Manager job in Berlin, one of Europe’s top tech hubs, might be the next big step in your career.
As a Mobile Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading the team that owns the restaurants' side of the order processing. More specifically, your role will involve:
- Building, inspiring and managing a full-time staff of software engineers.
- Providing technical leadership, peer reviewing and enforcement of coding standards.
- Identifying and addressing inefficiencies in the dev process.
- Providing technical strategy and direction to the team.
- Mentoring engineers in skills development and assisting them in developing and executing a personal career development plan.
- Planning of the process and technology improvement projects and influencing other managers and team leads to collaborate on execution.
- Regular meetings with team members to feedback them on their performance and provide coaching if necessary.
- Managing the release process for mobile applications.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing a team of engineers (with at least 4 direct reports) in an agile environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and empower the people you manage.
- Proven track record of providing a significant impact on the development of complex systems.
- Ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- Solid Android development experience, including a few years of hands-on technical leadership experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and/or supporting software.
- Knоwlеdgе of APIs of сliеnt/server systеm architectures.
- Familiarity with architectural patterns, especially MVP, MVVM, and MVI.
- Proactiveness, passion for crafting world-class products that inspire people, and desire to make an impact.
- Passion for software design, technical challenges, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and diverse team environment.
- Willingness to lead projects using Agile methodology.
- Fluency in English.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, document consulting, coverage of flight, visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruitment agency in your job relocation.
Germany is one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.