Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food-delivery industry since 2011.
More than 1000 team members work here, do their best and share their experience. First-rate investors are also the part of this start-up; they have already raised $1 billion to support this idea. This company is named World’s biggest network in this industry. The platform offers lots of choices with minimum efforts: online order and payment, any food desire can be met.
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be developing the new features for the food ordering apps, creating a smooth user experience. This is a full-time onsite role, so, in order to join the team, you’ll need to relocate to Berlin, Germany. Among your key responsibilities, there will be:
- Creating custom UI widgets;
- Building reusable Android components and SDKs for approaching different entities and apps;
- Writing UI tests and working on a corresponding testing framework;
- Optimizing the Android app performance for low-end devices;
- Maintaining and improving the CI/CD pipeline along with the build and distribution tools;
- Understanding customer behavior and solving the behavioral challenges;
- Collaborating closely with product, design, and back-end development teams;
- Mentoring junior developers.
The company’s future Android hero has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related field, (or the equivalent experience);
- Perfect knowledge of OOP, functional and reactive programming concepts, multithreaded programming, state management, Android OS ins and outs, resource optimization approaches (data usage, battery consumption, etc.);
- Hands-on experience with Java, Kotlin, Gradle (tasks and dependencies), CI/CD, automation tools, performance tools (e.g. Systrace);
- Ability to write and maintain unit and integration tests, along with debugging complex code bases;
- Experience building, releasing, and distributing the approved apps on Google Play;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Willingness to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
It will be also nice if you have experience with:
- Espresso for UI testing;
- Building Android SDKs and designing clean APIs;
- A/B testing and appropriate tools;
- Open-source contributions;
- High activity on websites like StackOverflow;
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, document consulting, coverage of flight, visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
Germany is one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.