Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This company was founded in 2013 to bridge the gap between outdoor & indoor digital maps. Today, it is a leading global provider of indoor spatial intelligence solutions for enterprises. Its revolutionary digital indoor products are being used by the world’s leading automotive, construction, real estate, logistics, and insurance businesses worldwide. The company has offices in three countries and an inclusive, diverse team of over 200 people from more than 40 countries.
Can you imagine diving into the development of the software and components that run a cloud platform that's processing and serving customers worldwide?
You will join the Cloud Processing Team within the Mapping and Perception department, and collaborate closely with people from a diverse set of cultural and professional backgrounds, who share a passion for delivering top-class mapping solutions that aim to digitize physical spaces through the creation of photorealistic digital twins. If you share that passion and can imagine yourself working in a cross-functional role in a dynamic and international environment, you just might be the person this company is looking for!
The team's mission this year is to build an easy-to-use cloud-based web application to process the data captured when mapping entire buildings in order to create realistic and immersive 3D representations.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- You will have complete ownership of the design, implementation, and testing of cloud applications
- You will write code from scratch, as well as maintain and improve existing code bases
- You will be deeply involved in the monitoring, operation, and debugging of cloud applications on Amazon's AWS platform
- You will design and deploy data extraction pipelines
- You will build dashboards from application monitoring data
- You will set up alerts, define thresholds and service quality gateways
- You will contribute significantly to the design and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines for on-premises and AWS cloud applications
- You will build self-contained multi-environment deployment stacks
- You will maintain and improve existing deployment pipelines
- You will enjoy collaborating with the operation and software engineering teams
- You will design and maintain APIs, data exchange contracts, data processing pipelines, and workflows
- You will evaluate and debug problems in application logic or cloud infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience with software engineering and software development in multi-language and multi-system environments (C# which is important, or Python and open to learning C#)
- At least 2 years of experience in building and deploying cloud applications on AWS
- Solid computer science background, a good understanding of the theory of distributed asynchronous and parallel systems and databases
- Experience with "Infrastructure as a Code" (IaaC) using AWS CloudFormation or AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Terraform, or similar tools
- Previous experience with containers and various Linux variants as a production environment
- Experience with deploying and making software running at scale - familiarity with debugging and monitoring tools, profilers
- Keen interest in working with multiple platforms and stacks
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with cross-platform applications, TDD/BDD approaches, as well as CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins, or TravisCI would be nice to have!
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides visa sponsorship, you can count on housing search assistance from the hiring company.
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
- 30 days of paid time off per year
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid work setup, enabling you to plan your work around your life and not your life around work!
- A competitive compensation package that values the skills and experience you bring
- Up to 4000 EUR employee referral bonus
- German language classes to help you in your journey of integrating into the German culture!
You can expect to go through a screening call, a take-home coding challenge, and up to three rounds of interviews, where the company would love to discover your passion and interests, introduce you to who they are and what drives the team, and finally understand how you can potentially add value to each other's growth.