Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Since founding the company in 2017, this team has been working to develop fundamentally new market mechanisms for DeFi, or decentralized finance, a fast-growing sector of the cryptocurrency industry. To date, the startup has released a few products, including an Ethereum-based prediction market platform for building customized forecasting apps and a crypto wallet for secure storage of funds.
The company is on the lookout for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join its growing Berlin-based team that builds a unique digital asset management solution for Web, Android, and iOS. The team currently consists of 17 people. Most of them are based in Berlin, but there are some teammates who are working from Spain and Russia. The Frontend team currently includes three developers and a team lead.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Move forward the company's digital asset management solution by implementing new features and creating prototypes
- Improve the quality and stability of the codebase
- Pair-program with the team and exchange knowledge on the latest frontend technologies
- Actively participate in planning and technical specification
- Cooperate with our skilled designers and product managers to regularly ship new features
- Help improve the existing development process by sharing feedback, suggesting improvements, and taking a leading role in implementing some of them
- Participate in the app maintenance and support
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, and Redux
- Desktop: Electron
- Backend: Rust and Python for transaction services
The code is fully open source.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a frontend developer
- Comfortable working with TypeScript
- You know how to implement and maintain unit tests (e.g. Jest, react-testing-library, Enzyme)
- You understand client-server communication: HTTP, REST, caching
- You use the Unix command line and git on a daily basis
Any if the following is a plus:
- Experience with Redux and Material UI (or similar)
- Familiarity with Node.js, bash scripting, CI services like Github Actions, TravisCI
- Knowledge of Ethereum and an interest in the blockchain technology
- You value teamwork and proactively support your team members
- You take initiative if you see an opportunity to improve either a processes or the product
- Fluent technical English
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides visa application process support, you can count on a relocation bonus from the hiring company.
Germany has one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You'll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical, and housing systems of excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, and Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin, so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.