Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food delivery industry since 2011. Today it runs its own delivery platform in over 40 countries on four continents. Additionally, the company is pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce, aiming to bring groceries and household goods to customers within one hour of placing an order.
The company is on the lookout for an Engineering Manager with knowledge of Golang to join its Q-Commerce team in Berlin and contribute to the creation of its next-generation platform. The team is currently working on expanding delivery to new products such as groceries, pharmaceuticals, flowers, and more. You will also work on warehouse management systems, the company's shopper app, and customer-facing systems.
- You will lead a team to design, develop, test, and deploy scalable services.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers, engineering leaders, and leadership across Q-Commerce.
- Hiring and developing engineers and scientists, with a deep understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Managing multiple teams of engineering teams and data science teams.
- You are not shying away to build reliable, scalable systems with high concurrency and are always eager to learn and implement new languages and technologies. Your decisions will make an impact since your ideas and efforts do matter.
- Eventually, you are not afraid to build global systems which are used by thousands of people and constantly drive for excellence.
- You will work in a goal-driven environment.
- 2 years of cross-functional team management experience with backend, frontend, and test engineers.
- 5 years of professional application development knowledge with Golang.
- 3 years of experience in applications infrastructure management and operations.
- Experience in working agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Deep understanding of service-oriented and microservices architectural patterns, troubleshooting methods, and best practices.
- You are a pragmatic manager who understands what is needed to get things done in a collaborative manner.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities.
- Academic and/or industry experience with machine learning or large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in infrastructure and DevOps.
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing engineering teams.
- Passion for people management and mentorship/coaching.
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides visa assistance for you and your family, you can count on a relocation bonus, aka money for moving expenses, from the hiring company.
The opportunity comes with a thrilling set of benefits and perks, including a competitive remuneration package, a personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings, access to e-learning platform MyAcademy, attractive corporate pension options, free online yoga classes, a subsidized Urban Sports Club/Gympass membership, etc.