Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food delivery industry since 2011. Today it runs its own delivery platform in over 40 countries on four continents. Additionally, the company is pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce, aiming to bring groceries and household goods to customers within one hour of placing an order.
The company is on the hunt for an Engineering Manager with knowledge of Java to join its Q-Commerce team in Berlin and contribute to the creation of its next-generation platform. The team is currently working on expanding delivery to new products such as groceries, pharmaceuticals, flowers, and more.
- You will build the company's next-generation platform to not only sell food to its hungry customers but also grocery items and many more.
- Designing and optimize internal back-office applications in a fast-growing environment such as an order fulfillment system, master product database, catalog management systems, campaign management, ad-serving/ad-booking systems.
- You don't shy away from building reliable, scalable systems with high concurrency and are always eager to learn new languages and technologies. Your decisions will make an impact since your ideas and efforts do matter.
- Eventually, you are not afraid to build global systems that are used by thousands of people and constantly drive for excellence.
- 2+ years of experience leading a cross-functional team.
- At least 5 years of experience in large-scale applications.
- Java expert in the context of distributed systems and services.
- A rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design).
- Ability to work in a UNIX-like environment.
- Familiar with common monitoring/alerting/logging tools such as Prometheus, Datadog, ELK stack, distributed tracing.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership of them.
- Full professional English proficiency.
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides visa assistance for you and your family, you can count on a relocation bonus, aka money for moving expenses, from the hiring company.
The opportunity comes with a thrilling set of benefits and perks, including a competitive remuneration package, a personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings, access to e-learning platform MyAcademy, attractive corporate pension options, free online yoga classes, a subsidized Urban Sports Club/Gympass membership, etc.