Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This German company enables asset and wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes (client relationship management, online onboarding, invoicing, etc.) as well as third-party connections. Within less than five years, the company has grown to over 100 employees.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan, direct and participate in activities of your engineering squad to meet schedules and standards
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms, and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on the team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgment on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and NodeJS. Backend services communicate through Apache Kafka. The backend communicates with the frontend through REST API. Data is stored in PostgreSQL. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. For source control and continuous integration, the team is using GitLab. The development process is based on Scrum with two-week sprints.
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- In-depth, proven software engineering background for several years
- You are highly reliable, structured, and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A partly hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides a relocation bonus and housing search assistance, the hiring company will provide you with advice on things such as insurance needs, opening a bank account, etc.
Why this company?
- An outstanding, highly motivated, and international team that values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world's most recognized investors and benefiting from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks, and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely