Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This German company enables asset and wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes (client relationship management, online onboarding, invoicing, etc.) as well as third-party connections. Within less than five years, the company has grown to over 100 employees.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work as part of a cross-functional agile team. Your main responsibility will be to design and implement complex technical and business features, working closely with your fellow developers, product managers, and test engineers. You will support juniors within or outside your team to improve, through expert advice, design and code review, and knowledge sharing. You will be one of the senior software engineers who shape the future of the platform through your ideas and suggestions.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing a state-of-the-art platform using the latest design concepts and frameworks
- Continuously improving product quality and developer productivity by designing flexible and resilient components, writing easy-to-understand, maintainable and testable code
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, frontend and backend developers, DevOps engineers, and executive stakeholders
The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and NodeJS. Backend services communicate through Apache Kafka. The backend communicates with the frontend through REST API. Data is stored in PostgreSQL. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. For source control and continuous integration, the team is using GitLab. The development process is based on Scrum with two-week sprints.
- Expert knowledge of Java and common open-source frameworks, especially Spring
- Experience building API-based solutions with REST
- Experience working in a microservice environment
- Experience with streaming architectures, preferably Kafka
- Knowledge of relational and document databases
- Knowledge of current design practices
- Experience with agile software development and standard tools
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- University degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with Event Sourcing
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS
- Working knowledge of tools like JUnit, JMeter,Glowroot, Jira, and Confluence
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides a relocation bonus and housing search assistance, the hiring company will provide you with advice on things such as insurance needs, opening a bank account, etc.
What will keep you happy?
- An outstanding, highly motivated, and international team that values a positive and open working environment – and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world's most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without a dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Beautiful loft-style office, situated in bustling Prenzlberg just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz - a lunch and after-work Dorado at your doorsteps
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level