Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food-delivery industry since 2011.
More than 1000 team members work here, do their best and share their experience. First-rate investors are also the part of this start-up; they have already raised $1 billion to support this idea. This company is named World’s biggest network in this industry. The platform offers lots of choices with minimum efforts: online order and payment, any food desire can be met.
The company’s Logistics department is seeking to hire a Senior Engineering Manager with Java development experience to jointly work towards creating a reliable, transparent and world-class food delivery experience. This Senior Engineering Manager job in Berlin is the perfect opportunity to become part of something big—your team will be dеvеlоping sеrviсеs аnd algorithms thаt соnnесt ridеrs аnd vеndоrs to milliоns оf custоmеrs daily. Your role will involve:
- Leading and empowering the team of experienced software engineers working on developing solutions for enhancing the accuracy of delivery time estimations and the efficiency of the company’s couriers.
- Building and improving microservices and scalable systems in Java in the company’s global cloud platform.
- Close collaboration with the team of data scientists and product managers.
- Communicating solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Active participation in code reviews, application debugging and diagnosis.
- Ensuring the reliability of the service.
- Providing 24x7 technical support for global services.
- Ensuring operation and technical excellence in the team.
- Practical application of modern software development methodologies, especially Scrum, TDD, and continuous delivery.
- At least 3 years of technical leadership and pеоplе mаnаgеment еxpеriеnсe.
- Profound knowledge and hands-on programming experience in developing Java apps.
- University degree in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with Unix systems engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale software systems.
- Expеriеnсе working with relational and NoSQL databases, microservices architecture, аnd cloud prоvidеrs.
- An eye for detail, the ability to problem-solve, to think creatively out of the box to achieve solutions, and willingness to try new things.
- Fluency in English.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, document consulting, coverage of flight, visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruitment agency in your job relocation.
Germany is one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.