Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Founded in 2017, this company has set out to build an intelligent platform that connects passionate photographers and businesses looking for high-converting visual content. Its customer base includes companies from a variety of industries, including real estate, travel, and food. The startup has already raised 2 rounds of funding and is ready to take the next big step, which is to build AI-enabled infrastructure for hosting visuals (photos and videos) for companies.
The company is currently on the hunt for an Engineering Lead to support the growth and development of its on-demand photo platform. If you want a chance to have an impact on one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech companies entering an exciting new growth phase, then this Engineering Lead job in Berlin is right up your alley! As an Engineering Lead, you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of 7-10 members following agile values and principles.
- Collaborate closely with company leadership.
- Be actively involved in planning architecture, infrastructure, product and tech roadmaps.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of engineering processes and practices.
- Mentor and grow your team members.
- Take an active part in both hiring and budgeting processes.
- Drive a lean, holistic approach to product development, promoting an attitude of experimentation and innovation.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of professional, hands-on experience, with at least a few years in a leadership role.
- Proficiency with React, Node.js, MongoDB, and GraphQL.
- Hands-on experience building cloud-native apps, ideally on AWS.
- Experience working with Serverless.
- Good grasp of DevOps, CI/CD, AWSOps, and Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Experience working with Distributed Systems, Message Queues, Streaming APIs, and Distributed Transactions.
- Understanding of CQRS, Domain-Driven Design (DDD), Event Sourcing, and Eventual Consistency.
- Experience working with Salesforce, marketplace-like platforms, and AI/machine learning algorithms is a huge plus.
- Ability to work autonomously, a high level of emotional intelligence, and a startup mentality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English. (Knowledge of any other language is a plus.)
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support and assistance with searching for a home for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruitment agency in your job relocation.
Germany has one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, and Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin, so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.