Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food delivery industry since 2011. Today it runs its own delivery platform in over 40 countries on four continents. Additionally, the company is pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce, aiming to bring groceries and household goods to customers within one hour of placing an order.
The company is on the lookout for a (Senior) Engineering Manager with knowledge of Python/Java/Golang/NodeJS to join its international team in Berlin. You will lead a team that's responsible for implementing features and services for the company's global vendor and operational platforms.
- You will work on vendor and operational platforms to help restaurants and local shops to operate more efficiently. You will implement various services which will communicate synchronously as well as asynchronously with other backends and with pluggable UI systems.
- You are not shying away from building reliable, scalable systems with high concurrency and are always eager to learn new languages and technologies. Your decisions will make an impact since your ideas and efforts do matter.
- Eventually, you are not afraid to build global systems which are used by thousands of people and constantly drive for excellence.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a cross-functional team.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in building cloud-based large-scale applications.
- A rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design).
- Ability to work in a UNIX-like environment.
- Familiar with common monitoring/alerting/logging tools such as Prometheus, Datadog, ELK stack, distributed tracing.
- Lead by example in writing high-quality code, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership of them.
- Full professional English proficiency.
You don't just get a new full-time IT job abroad, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your move abroad as smooth as possible. Besides visa assistance for you and your family, you can count on a relocation bonus, aka money for moving expenses, from the hiring company.
The opportunity comes with a thrilling set of benefits and perks, including a competitive remuneration package, a personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings, access to e-learning platform MyAcademy, attractive corporate pension options, free online yoga classes, a subsidized Urban Sports Club/Gympass membership, etc.