Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Berlin-based company has been changing the food-delivery industry since 2011.
More than 1000 team members work here, do their best and share their experience. First-rate investors are also the part of this start-up; they have already raised $1 billion to support this idea. This company is named World’s biggest network in this industry. The platform offers lots of choices with minimum efforts: online order and payment, any food desire can be met.
The company is on the lookout for a person who will own a large distributed backend service, which processes millions of restaurant orders a day. As a Director of Engineering, your key responsibilities will include:
- Binding client services to logistics and delivery solutions, doing it on various platforms (Windows, Web, Android);
- Being responsible for the stability, performance, and security of the systems you own;
- Guiding the evolution of the solutions’ architecture;
- Reaching OKRs (both short-term and long-term);
- Mentoring the software engineering team;
- Collaborating closely with the product management department.
- 8+ years of commercial experience, (mostly with cloud solutions and modern web apps);
- Experience with several of the following technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Java, TypeScript, asynchronous/event-based processing, server-side APIs, high-volume services (log analysis, metric collection, etc.);
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, employing modern engineering practices;
- Proven track of establishing communications between engineering, business, and product teams;
- Passion for mentoring and leading software development teams;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, document consulting, coverage of flight, visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
Germany is one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.