Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This company was born five years ago, founded with a mission to digitalise and transform the boat rental industry. Today, it’s one of the world’s leading platforms for renting boats for holiday travel and one of Europe’s hottest travel tech startups, according to Forbes. With more than 20,000 boats available for rent in over 30 countries, the platform is a real catch for travellers worldwide. In 2018, the number of its registered users passed the 100,000 mark.
By joining this travel tech startup team in Berlin as a Senior Back-End Engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to immerse yourself in the development of innovative digital solutions for the boat rental industry. As a PHP Developer, you will work primarily on the back-end, but you should also be ready to deal with front-end code sometimes. The role also entails:
- Working in cross-functional agile teams;
- Working on both the development of new features and fixing bugs, equally;
- Creating APIs;
- Contributing to the development methodologies put in place by the team, as well as quarterly roadmap planning;
- Active participation in code reviews.
- 5+ years of experience developing in PHP;
- Extensive experience with development tools such as Composer and Git;
- At least 1 year of professional experience with Symfony 3/4, Doctrine, and Twig;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience in writing Microservices;
- Firm grasp of modern web stacks (Linux, caching, load balancing, etc.);
- Ability to work with both modern libraries and homebrewed code;
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest tech;
- Experience working in an Agile environment where releases can happen very frequently (even multiple times a day);
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for unit tests;
- Experience with development in the AWS ecosystem;
- JS, React, and Node.js skills.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, document consulting, coverage of flight, and visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
Germany has one of the most advanced economies in the EU, which turns your relocation to Berlin into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Berlin is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. Many European and global market leaders like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Visa, and Zendesk established their branches or offices in Berlin, so it might be a perfect place for your innovation, education, and constant growth. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.