Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This German startup has been reshaping the insurance industry since 2015. With its smartphone app, you can explore, purchase and manage insurance without having to meet with a broker face-to-face and deal with all that paperwork. Initially launched as a digital insurance broker, the company is now actively developing its own digital insurance products. The team has recently raised €15 million in a Series A funding and can already boast more than 85k customers.
The company is on the hunt for an experienced Ruby Developer with knowledge of Postgres who’d join its awesome international engineering team with a startup spirit in the southwest of Germany. If you're looking for a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment with talented, passionate and ambitious colleagues, this Ruby job in Germany could be right up your street. As a Ruby Back-End Developer, you will:
- Be in charge of the services-oriented server architecture.
- Implement new features on an ongoing basis.
- Work on refining and enhancing the tech environment and the architecture to scale with the needs of the business.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Product, and Design departments.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on development experience with Ruby on Rails, preferably on small or medium-sized projects lasting at least 6 months.
- Working knowledge of Postgres, RSpec, AWS, and Heroku.
- Experience with unit testing and CI/CD.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Experience building test-covered and well-documented APIs.
- Ability and willingness to work in an agile and ever-changing environment.
- An eye for good design and accessibility is a definite plus.
- Ability to self-organize your work.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why a relocation bonus, visa application process support, and assistance with finding a home for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruitment agency in your job relocation.
Germany has one of the most advanced economies in the EU, that turns your job relocation into a really great and unique experience. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by generous social security benefits and high quality of life, effective educational, medical and housing systems of the excellent standard. Germany is a significant IT center that always offers a variety of IT jobs, tech conferences, and educational events to participate in. In addition, excellent national and international transport links give endless opportunities to travel.