Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This Rotterdam-based company has been changing the world of mid to long-term accommodation rentals since 2009. Today, according to the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, it is one of the fastest-growing IT companies in the Netherlands. With over 50k active ads in more than 400 cities around the world, its housing platform is a real catch for young professionals and international students who are on the lookout for a new home abroad. The platform currently has over 5m active users.
The company has already reached the scale-up phase and is actively working on the development of new exciting features to further enhance its housing platform. For the front end, the team is using React.js, Redux, CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, and Node.js. The back end part is powered by Go backed with PostgreSQL.
This Team Lead job in Rotterdam might be a great career move for you. As a Technical Team Lead, you will:
- Be lеаding оne of the cоmpany’s feature tеams insidе the Product Development department;
- Have the opportunity to make an impact by collaborating closely with a product owner;
- Solve interesting technical challenges jointly with the team;
- Be responsible for the team delivery;
- Support, guide and empower the people on your team to help them achieve their career goals and move forward in the company’s Career Ladder;
- Take an active part in hiring software engineers for your team;
- Ensure the company’s technology vision and engineering principles are well understood and applied in your team.
- Ideally, 10 years of experience in web development;
- Experience leading and coaching a software engineering team;
- Ability to motivate and empower your team, as well as resolve conflicts when they occur;
- Good React, Redux, TypeScript, and NodeJS skills;
- Experience with test automation and a strong interest in TDD best practices;
- Understanding of the importance of writing good unit, integration, and E2E tests;
- Experience with оnlinе mаrkеtplасеs, sеrviсе prоvidеrs аnd/or API development;
- Passion for developing products that improve people’s lives;
- Good command in both written and spoken English;
- Strong team player.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa support, coverage of flight, assistance in searching for a home for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruitment agency in your job relocation.
Rotterdam is the 2nd largest city of the Netherlands with the biggest port in Europe. Being situated just half an hour from Amsterdam, it can be considered as a fascinating place to work and live in. Rental of property is significantly lower here, that is one of the arguments for taking your next tech job there. The city is also easily accessible with fantastic air, rail, and road links, so the rest of Europe will be practically ‘at the end of the street’. What’s more, the Netherlands is known for the 30% ruling, a beneficial tax facility for employees who are recruited from abroad.