Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Founded in 2020, this company now boasts an international, close-knit team of 12 people and has a strong focus on team building. The startup works with a number of portfolio companies and offers support in all elements that play a role in the commercialization of a platform, varying from design and development to online and offline advertising.
The company is in search of a seasoned Software Engineer with a self-starter attitude and tech-driven curiosity to join its Amsterdam-based team on a full-time basis. The role involves designing and developing a highly decoupled microservices system that can handle a complicated business flow and interact with various 3rd party systems at scale.
If you’re on the lookout for a Backend Software Engineer job with lots of room for growth and professional development, this is it! You’ll be able to do many different things from the start, be creative in the way you do your work, and take on the projects you find interesting. Within limits, you will also be able to choose how, when, and where you work your hours.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, implement, and test software services (Java/Kotlin or Golang)
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of the company’s software services
- Be responsible for software performance analysis and system tuning
- Fix bugs and write monitoring and detection tools to prevent a recurrence
- Work in “microservice mesh” application development and Agile environment.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Continuously learn and research to identify shortcomings and opportunities for improvement of software services
- Have fun with your team
What will help you succeed:
Being an expert in:
- At least one of the following programming languages: Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++, Go
- Data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, secure coding best practices, and remediation
- Designing, building, and maintaining large-scale, high-performance systems and frameworks
- Object-oriented concepts and systems design patterns
- Analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Modern server scaling technologies on Linux (e.g., async, non-blocking I/O, multithreading)
Being experienced in:
- Architecture and design of cloud-scale distributed systems
- IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues
- Event-driven architecture and technologies
- Message Brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ) and Event Streaming solutions (e.g. Kafka)
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) or distributed NoSQL database systems (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Memcached)
- Automated CI/CD solutions
- High availability and business continuity principles
- Cloud technologies (preferably Google Cloud Platform)
- Containerization and container orchestration technologies (preferably K8s)
- One or more of the following: Python, Shell, Perl
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team, the community where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa support, coverage of flight, and apartment search assistance are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
This backend job includes relocation to Amsterdam, which is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest small cities in the world. Every part of this city has its own unique character and charm. Amsterdam is home to a thriving tech industry and offers a wide variety of opportunities and a great environment for self-development and career growth, not to mention a high quality of life. The 30% ruling, a tax advantage for foreign employees working in the Netherlands, makes Amsterdam an attractive work abroad destination. In addition, the city is easily accessible with fantastic air, rail, and road links; there is an excellent high-speed rail service connecting Amsterdam to various cities, so the rest of Europe is practically at the end of the street.