Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
This company is an online broker, which allows traders to manage their deals in a modern and convenient way. Since the inception about 10 years ago, it has expanded all across Europe and now operates in 18 countries. More than 400,000 investors have already joined the network, getting access to 50 exchanges in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia. The online-only approach significantly reduces investors’ expenses, allowing them to buy stocks at wholesale prices.
The company is on the hunt for a seasoned Software Architect who would help lead, mentor and grow its ambitious IT team at the head office in the vibrant city of Amsterdam. (The job involves relocation to the Netherlands. Business teams and stakeholders are present both at the Amsterdam and Sofia offices, so you need to be ready for incidental trips to Bulgaria as well.)
The IT team currently comprises around 60 professionals, but the company is looking to double its size across Amsterdam and Sofia within the next 12 months. As a Chief Architect, your responsibilities will include:
- Making architectural and technological decisions jointly with the dev team;
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to the team;
- Promotion of simplicity, design pattern and framework standardization within the company;
- Enhancement of the existing architectural structures;
- Assisting design teams in creating new features from concept to production;
- Close collaboration with product owners, business departments and other stakeholders;
- Ongoing commitment to improving the quality of codebase, the flexibility of the dev ecosystem and the capacity of the team;
- Help in deciding on good tooling for the development work and for the production support;
- Active participation in attracting top local talent to the team.
- 10 or more years of hands-on (software) development experience, including at least 5 as an architect mentoring and coaching others;
- Prior development experience in Java will be a big plus (most of the software is based on Java, with some C++, React.js, and Python);
- University degree in Computer Science, Finance or a related field (or equivalent professional experience);
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC);
- Experience with Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps delivery methods;
- Excellent documentation and commentary skills, which are essential to draw, explain, and facilitate workshops;
- Proven track record of success in working in multi-cultural teams cross-functionally and bringing together diverse team members and perspectives to find solutions;
- Readiness to work in an open, non-hierarchical dynamic environment;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
Any of the following will be a plus:
- Prior experience working in the financial service/fintech;
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, Apache Kafka, ZooKeeper, Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube, or FindBugs;
- Knowledge of the most common development and DevOps tooling;
- Familiarity with TDD for optimal automated regression testing;
- Familiarity with the pros and cons of different industry frameworks, design patterns, and code beautifiers;
- TOGAF or Zachman certification (or similar experience).
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, coverage of flight, and visa sponsorship for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
Your Chief Software Architect position with relocation to the Netherlands will take place in the incredible city of surprises, Amsterdam, which is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest small cities in the world. Every part of the city has its own unique character and charm, turning Amsterdam in the fascinating city of tolerance and diversity, where every shade, perspective, and character is appreciated. Over the past 10 years, Amsterdam was promoted as a strong region for business and IT culture: it's home to a thriving tech and ICT industry, where the IT professionals not only enjoy the great quality of life but also a wide variety of opportunities and a great environment for self-development and career growth. At the same time, Amsterdam enjoys one of the lowest costs of living of the European capitals and highly skilled migrants coming to the Netherlands to work, a major fiscal benefit is the 30% ruling tax advantage. In addition, the city is easily accessible with fantastic air, rail and road links; there is excellent high-speed rail service connecting Amsterdam to various cities, so the rest of Europe is practically at the end of the street. Amsterdam is the city of opportunity, so you have to be ready when it presents itself.