Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Founded in 2020, this company now boasts an international, close-knit team of 12 people and has a strong focus on team building. The startup works with a number of portfolio companies and offers support in all elements that play a role in the commercialization of a platform, varying from design and development to online and offline advertising.
The company is on the hunt for an experienced Cloud Engineer with a self-starter attitude and tech-driven curiosity to become part of its amazing, growing team in Amsterdam. If you are eager to join a Dutch B2B tech firm with lots of room for growth and professional development, look no further! You'll be able to do many different things from the start, be creative in the way you do your work, and take on the projects you find interesting. Within limits, you will also be able to choose how, when, and where you work your hours.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Automate everything possible to minimize repetitive, monotonous work.
- Design and implement automated software services that support IaC principles, following industry best practices and standards.
- Design, configure, deploy, test, and debug cloud infrastructure, both new and existing.
- Design and implement Secure Cloud Networking policies and architectures.
- Work in “microservice mesh” application development and Agile environment.
- Continuously learn and do research to identify shortcomings and opportunities for infrastructure enhancements.
- Have fun with your team.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of private and public cloud technologies (GCP experience preferred).
- High level of proficiency with containerization and container orchestration technologies (preferably Kubernetes).
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and infrastructure management experience (preferably Terraform).
- Proficiency with disaster recovery, data migration, and data protection tools like Velero, for instance.
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash/Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Experience managing secrets with Vault or similar tools.
- Hands-on knowledge of metric-driven monitoring and alerting systems.
- Knowledge of networking and security (including load-balancers, routers, and switches).
- Thorough understanding of high availability and business continuity principles.
- Experience working with automated CI/CD solutions.
- Experience with Istio, Consul, or similar tools.
- Experience with RDBMS (such as MySQL and Postgres) or distributed NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.).
- Fluency in English.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team, the community where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and relocation as smooth as possible. That's why visa support, coverage of flight, and apartment search assistance are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your relocation for this Cloud Engineer job in Amsterdam.
This Cloud Engineer job iinvolves relocation to Amsterdam, which is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest small cities in the world. Every part of this city has its own unique character and charm. Amsterdam is home to a thriving tech industry and offers a wide variety of opportunities and a great environment for self-development and career growth, not to mention a high quality of life. The 30% ruling, a tax advantage for foreign employees working in the Netherlands, makes Amsterdam an attractive work abroad destination. In addition, the city is easily accessible with fantastic air, rail, and road links; there is an excellent high-speed rail service connecting Amsterdam to various cities, so the rest of Europe is practically at the end of the street.