Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
The platform for digital prepaid credit for yourself or someone else in a fast, safe & simple way. The company operates in over 150 markets around the world, processing millions of online transactions, and is rapidly growing. Connecting the services of leading global brands with consumers.
The company is on the hunt for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead two of its product engineering teams building Payments, Fraud & Risk and Delivery services.
Over the past three years, the company has scaled up quickly with its products, which has resulted in unprecedented (often - triple-digit) growth of sales volumes. This faster-than-light growth rate will continue in the foreseeable future, and that's why they are in the progress of re-defining their application landscape to make sure that they can cope with this growth in the future. That's where you come in.
You will be part of a growing team of people that are responsible for laying the groundwork for scaling. While the company is already operating in over 130 countries, they're anticipating immense growth in the next couple of months and years to come.
The company cares a lot about the reliability, performance, security, and availability of its cloud platform.
What you will do
- Manage, lead and coach a high-performing team of engineers, supporting their professional (and personal) development, performance and training.
- Recruit and retain great individuals, building on the diversity and the company's culture.
- Ensure that the team is high-performing and consistently delivers high-quality and valuable work in line with the roadmap and strategy.
- Run and contribute to initiatives to improve the engagement and wellbeing of the team that you lead.
- Define and evolve processes and practices that allow the team to get great work done.
- Partner with other Engineering Managers and Product Owners to prioritise initiatives and help shape the work of your team.
- Manage and minimise dependencies.
- Help to maintain a fun, rewarding, and results-driven culture, embracing the company's values.
- Previous experience leading and developing a team of engineers.
- An agile/lean and data-driven mindset. You'll have worked in a customer focussed and product-oriented team.
- Ability to manage conflict in an open and positive way.
- Excellent facilitation skills. Can lead workshops with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Great interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Understanding of quality software engineering practices.
You don't just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger—the team of awesome techies, the community where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That's why relocation assistance is a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your work-abroad journey.
- 30 days vacation, great compensation, pension contributions & one of the best relocation packages in Amsterdam
- Choice of a Macbook Pro (13” or 15”) or an HP laptop
- A budget for headphones, books and learning so you can grow in your role
- Flexible hours and home office support so you can WFH safely and comfortably
- An international English-speaking office & free Dutch courses to help out with daily Dutch life
- Free lunch & snacks every day with veggie & vegan options
- Weekly bootcamps, yoga sessions & Friday drinks*
- Regular parties & celebrations*
*Online during Covid-19 restrictions