Visa Sponsorship if necessary
Resume Enhancement Tips
About the company:
Founded in 2013 by four young guys with a dream, this company has quickly become a big player in the e-commerce world. The aim of the platform this incredibly committed and motivated team is working on is to make ordering print easier. With hundreds of thousands of customers, over 150 team members and the annual revenue of €30M, the company is one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech/e-commerce businesses now.
This PHP job in the Netherlands is your chance to become part of a high-growth e-commerce company and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Having joined its team in Rotterdam as a Back-End PHP Developer, you will be working on programming the most challenging parts of the company’s online printing platform. The team has set itself an ambitious goal: to make it the best and biggest one on earth and beyond.
As a PHP Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a modern tech stack (Linux, PHP 7.2, Kafka, Symphony Components, Neo4j Graph Database, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Postman, and Git), event-driven architecture with microservices and event sourcing;
- Work in close cooperation with other software engineers;
- Work in an agile (Scrum) way: a Product Owner, a Scrum Master, a one-week sprint, a code review buddy system, mob programming, daily morning stand-ups at 10 a.m.
- Ability to design and develop a complete system from the ground up;
- 3+ years of proven experience working with PHP (experience with other programming languages is a plus);
- Strong Docker skills and experience with microservices;
- You’re comfortable working with the following technologies: Linux, Kafka, Symphony Components, Neo4j Graph Database, PostgreSQL, Redis, Postman, and Git;
- Willingness to learn and expand your knowledge;
- Being a team player in the Scrum way;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Experience in e-commerce environments is desirable but not essential.
You don’t just get a new full-time job, you are becoming a part of something bigger – the team of awesome techies, the community, where every single individual matters. We care about you and aim to make your IT job abroad and IT relocation as smooth as possible. That’s why visa application process support, visa sponsorship, coverage of flight, and help finding an apartment in Rotterdam for you and your family are a vital part of our support as an IT recruiting agency in your job relocation.
Rotterdam is the 2nd largest city of the Netherlands with the biggest port in Europe. Being situated just half an hour from Amsterdam, it can be considered as a fascinating place to work and live in. Rental of property is significantly lower here, that is one of the arguments for taking your next tech job there. The city is also easily accessible with fantastic air, rail, and road links, so the rest of Europe will be practically ‘at the end of the street’. What’s more, the Netherlands is known for the 30% ruling, a beneficial tax facility for employees who are recruited from abroad.